- Physical Scientists (Physicist/Chemist) (1 position)
- Civil Engineer (1 position)
- Electrical Engineer (2 positions)
- Mechanical Engineeer (1 position)
Reporting to the Senior Technical Officer, the job holders will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data for technical studies aimed at the establishment of a sustainable national nuclear infrastrucutre that provides support for the nuclear programme throughout its life cycle by:
- Conducting sitting activities of future nuclear power plants and waste disposal facilites that include site characterization
- Assisting in performing feasibility studies on the viability of introducing nuclear power plants and research reactors in Kenya
- Participating in the development and implementation of planning activities which include conducting power system planning, power economic planning, conduct grid studies and Nuclear Power Program Human resource planning
- Assisting in developing of national policies and strategies for nuclear power programme infrastructure
- Assisting in planning and coordination of expert missions, national workshops and technical meetings
- Engaging and educating stakeholders on issues of nuclear power to enhance ownership and support of the programme
Candidates must possess the following Academic Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in;
- Physics/Chemistry for Physical Scientists
- Civil Engineering for Civil Engineer
- Electrical Engineering for Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering for Mechanical Engineer
Related Job Experience
Knowledge Skills and Competencies
The candidates must possess the following skills and competencies: -
· The Candidate must have a good knowledge of the Energy Sector in Kenya;
· Meet the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
· Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Be detail oriented and have ability to meet deadlines; and
· Be results oriented. candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package for the positions.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment will be for a contractual term of three (3) years, renewable subject to effective performance and delivery of set targets.
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package for the positions.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for the above positions MUST submit clearances and certificates from the following:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Academic certificates
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) on or before 19th June, 2019 by 5.00pm East African Time.
Applicants to include CVs with details of day-time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/ Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport and Bio Data Form (attached below)
Applications can be sent by post or delivered to:
The Director Human Resources and Administration,
Nuclear Power and Energy Agency,
Kawi House Block C, 2nd Floor, off Red Cross Road,
P.O. Box 26374-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Click below to download detailed job descriptions and bio data form:
Nuclear Power and Energy Agency is an Equal opportunity Employer committed to diversity. Persons living with disability (PWD) who have the required qualifications and skills are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/ details as sought will not be considered. Any form of canvassing should lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.